英 [rɪˈpleɪs] 美 [rɪˈples]
及物动词 代替; 替换; 把…放回原位; (用…)替换
1. I will replace the cup I broke.
2. George replaced Edward as captain.
3. Can anything replace a mother's love and care?
4. The brakes have to be replaced.
1. Because the reform means VAT will replace the business tax, the initiative has been warmly greeted by related enterprises.
2. The board of directors of Henan Airlines on Wednesday sacked the airline's general manager Li Qiang and appointed an acting manager to replace him.
3. The Zhanjiang government plans to replace all public lights in the city with LEDs by the end of 2014.
4. Lawmakers will vote in two weeks on plans to replace Britain's nuclear missile defense system, a Cabinet minister told the House of Commons yesterday.
5. Officials say he has yet to settle on a candidate to replace Goh Kun, who retired after 40 years of public service and nine weeks as acting president.
6. Spokesman Qin Gang said Japan's proposal attempts to replace the established principle of capacity to pay with the concept of responsibility to pay.
7. Brazil will replace Costa Rica in the Latin America and Caribbean category.
8. The hotels have had to shampoo the carpet after and replace bed linen after a Chinese tour group passed through.
9. Cate Blanchett is rumoured to replace Sienna Miller in'Nottingham'.
If one thing or person replaces another, the first is used or acts instead of the second.
e.g. The council tax replaces the poll tax next April.
e.g. ...the city lawyer who replaced Bob as chairman of the company...
If you replace one thing or person with another, you put something or someone else in their place to do their job.
e.g. I clean out all the grease and replace it with oil so it works better in very low temperatures...
e.g. The BBC decided it could not replace her.
If you replace something that is broken, damaged, or lost, you get a new one to use instead.
e.g. The shower that we put in a few years back has broken and we cannot afford to replace it.
If you replace something, you put it back where it was before.
e.g. The line went dead. Whitlock replaced the receiver...